· Keywords: Project Management, Program Management, Professional Services, Developer Services, Account Management.
· Personally managed several Project Management / Program Management Organizations
· Very experienced individual-contributing Project Manager / Program Manager
· Considerable experience in multi-geography, Internet and mobile device software development using a variety of development methodologies.
Master of Science (Major: Systems Management), University of Southern California, June 1989
Bachelor of Science (Major: Electrical Engineering), United States Air Force Academy, June 1986
ACCESS SYSTEMS AMERICA (formerly PALMSOURCE, INC.), Sunnyvale, CA
Makers of the Palm OS operating system and the Access Linux Platform.
Apr 2003 to Aug 2010
Director, Licensee Services
Senior Program Manager
Duties: Program Management, Professional Services, Support Services, Developer Services
· Project managed core development of Linux-based, mobile operating system (Access Linux Platform) using an Agile/Scrum development framework.
· Managed a 15-person team of engineers and project managers providing custom development, support, and integration services to Palm OS licensees and developers.
· Managed integration services for major handset manufacturers evaluating a work-in-progress, Linux-based, mobile operating system (Access Linux Platform).
· Led various Palm OS projects such as NAND flash support, FAT32 file system support, Palm OS web browser carrier customization, improved telephony, Bluetooth enhanced support, Simplified Chinese support.
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR, Sunnyvale, CA
Apr 2002 to Mar 2003
Duties: Project Management, Account Management, Web Development, User Interface Design
· Led design and development of web site for Titanium People, a sales force outsourcing provider.
· Led design and development of complex Intranet site for PG&E.
DIGITAS, INC., San Francisco, CA
Boston-based marketing and technology services company.
Oct 2000 to Apr 2002
Vice President, Program Management
Duties: Program Management, Project Management, Operations
· Created and managed the Program Management Office (10 project managers) for the western region.
· Performed hands-on project management for key accounts and personally led critical requirements phases.
· Contributed to new business development.
· Developed and delivered an MS Project training program.
· Played key role in development of custom version of the Rational Unified Process (RUP).
THE RIGHT SIZE, INC., Burlingame, CA
Startup company developing technology solutions for the online retail apparel sector.
Apr 2000 to Oct 2000
Vice President, Product Development
Duties: Project Management, Operations
· Created and managed Project Management, Quality Assurance, Production, User Interface, Graphic Design, Recruiting, and Data Management departments (15 direct reports).
· Performed hands-on individual-contributor work.
· Initial product development effort completed in just six months.
USWEB/CKS, San Francisco, CA
10,000-person technology consulting and integration company.
Jun 1998 to Apr 2000
Director of Operations and Production
Senior Project Manager
Duties: Program Management, Project Management, Account Management, Operations
· Ran financial, operations, and production efforts of Retail Accounts practice ($10M annual revenue).
· Managed Project Management and QA teams.
· Delivered all projects to Retail Accounts practice clients on-time, on-budget, and on-scope.
· Identified resource needs and worked with recruiting group to identify, interview, and hire.
· Personally led critical requirements phases for all projects.
· As Senior Project Manager, successfully delivered Levi's and Dockers brand e-commerce sites and Williams-Sonoma Internet Wedding Registry.
SUN MICROSYSTEMS, INC., Milpitas, CA
Mar 1998 to May 1998
Project Manager (Contractor)
· Developed Request for Proposal for an off-the-shelf Internet payment processor (credit card, e-cash) application. Identified and evaluated over 20 product vendors under a two-month indirect contract.
3COM CORPORATION, Santa Clara, CA
Sep 1995 to Feb 1998
Manager, Internet Commerce Operations
Duties: Project Management, Web Development, User Interface Design
· Developed and deployed 3Com Shopping Network on schedule and within budget.
· Managed technical support website development and content.
LORAL SPACE AND RANGE SYSTEMS; Sunnyvale, CA
Mar 1993 to Jan 1997
Satellite Program System Integrator
Duties: Project Management
UNITED STATES AIR FORCE; CONSOLIDATED SPACE TEST CENTER; Sunnyvale, CA
Jul 1986 to Mar 1993
Spacecraft Launch Readiness Manager
Spacecraft Test and Operations Engineer
(Highest Rank: Captain)
Duties: Project Management
TRAINING / CERTIFICATIONS / ACTIVITIES / INTERESTS
· Masters Degree in Systems Management
· Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), ScrumAlliance (2009)
· Member, Project Management Institute (PMI).
· Project Management Professional (PMP) Training, Project Management Institute (2002)
· Conference Presentation: "Practical Management of Web Development Projects", CNet Builder.com LIVE conference, New Orleans, LA (1999).
· Advisory Board Member, FindShare, an Internet start-up company (1999 to 2001).
· Director, Board of Directors, Artists for Revolution through Technology on the Internet (1995 to 1997).
· President and Director, Air Force Academy Association of Graduates, Northern California Chapter (1992 to 1993).
· Interests: My children, mountain biking, reading, computers, gaming.